Reflexology is a complimentary therapy which involves working on the feet or hands to treat the whole body. It is a science that deals with the principle that there are reflex areas in the feet and hands that correspond to all glands, organs and structures of the body. It treats the whole person, not just the symptoms of disease. This is why it is referred to as being a holistic treatment
It is simple and non-invasive. Reflexologists use pressure techniques on the reflexes stimulating the related reflex point in the body, which stimulates the body’s own healing processes in order to keep it in homeostasis ie. balance.
Reflexology is suitable for everyone whatever their age or state of health. It is a very relaxing treatment. During and after the treatment the client will experience a sense of vitality and well-being and their body will continue to unblock energy, restoring energy-flow and stimulating the body’s own natural healing powers. You do not have to be ill to have reflexology. It is a good way of relaxing, balancing and harmonising the body.
Treatments last approximately one hour.
Benefits of reflexology:
- Gives feeling of well-being, mental stress is reduced
- Promotes energy flow in the body increasing energy levels
- Cleanses & detoxifies the body as toxins are broken down and released into the system
- Muscle tone is improved, relaxes muscles and eases aches and pains
- Preventative healthcare – protects body from future illness
- Helps to improve fertility in both men and women
- Helps to relieve conditions and discomforts experienced during pregnancy and promotes well-being and balance
Fertility & Pregnancy Reflexology treatments also available