Pregnancy is a wonderful time in a woman’s life. Bringing a new life into the world is a transformative event. It is one of life’s most amazing, emotional and physical experiences. It is important that a woman look after her well-being and practice self-care. Pregnancy is a time of big changes in a woman’s body and also can be a very emotional journey.
Reflexology helps to balance and harmonise the whole being, balancing the mind, helping the body to create the best environment for the incoming soul and spiritually can aid the connection between mother and baby grow and develop.
It is very popular during this time due to its non-invasive nature, just remove your shoes and socks and allow your feet be massaged and pampered improving your sense of well-being and relaxation.
- Helps to reduce morning sickness
- Helps to boost energy levels and assist with overcoming the tiredness that comes with pregnancy
- Helps to relieve indigestion, lower back pain, haemorrhoids and constipation, heartburn, labour sciatica and symphysis pubis diastasis, headaches and oedema, constipation
- Prepares the body for labour by balancing all the body systems especially the endocrine system which governs labour process
- Regular reflexology treatments in the weeks prior to the expected delivery date can reduce the length of labour
- Reflexology babies are very calm, suckle better and are less prone to colic
Reflexology is a safe and beneficial therapy for use at this time of physical and psychological adjustment, but some clients may prefer to wait until after the twelfth week to avail of its benefits.